A member of the Duma Committee on health protection Fedot Tumusov 26 July contributed to the deputies the draft law “On integrated health and social care to citizens of older generation”. The document was drafted to improve legal regulation in the sphere of establishing a legal framework for the provision of comprehensive medical and social assistance to citizens of the older generation and citizens with signs of premature aging through effective inter-Agency cooperation to increase life expectancy, to maintain or restore the ability of citizens to self-care, physical and functional activity, independence from external assistance in daily life.
The MP believes that with the right policies and the availability of integrated services the ageing of the population can be considered as a valuable new opportunities for both individuals and for society as a whole.
The bill defines the following tasks:
– ensuring equal access for senior citizens and citizens with signs of premature aging to integrated health and social care;
– providing interdepartmental approach to the solution of social problems of citizens;
– improving the system of health protection of citizens of the older generation and citizens with signs of premature aging in the implementation of geriatric care in the framework of providing integrated health and social care;
– development of a system of long-term social services for senior citizens, creation of conditions for development of the market of social services;
– creation of conditions for the involvement of organizations with different organizational-legal forms and forms of ownership to provide the citizens of the older generation, integrated health and social care.
“The bill will help to achieve thoroughness and completeness of the regulatory framework governing at the state level, the organization of activities for provision of medical and social services to the citizens of the older generation and to provide a differentiated evaluation of the relevance of certain types of health and social care of this category of the population, including geriatric”, – stated in the explanatory Memorandum.