If you always avoid dishes with onion, I suggest you to read the list of useful properties of this product, and think twice before you say no onions next time:
1. In Luke a lot of antioxidants. The most important of these is quercetin, which has strong anti-inflammatory effect. In addition, one bulb contains 44 calories, it provides you 20% of the daily value of vitamin C, and 5 to 10% of the daily value of vitamin B6, folate, potassium and manganese.
2. Onions can protect against cancer. In a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, researchers tracked how often people in Italy and Switzerland, ate onions and garlic. The result showed that there was a relationship between the frequency of consumption of these vegetables and the risk of several common cancers, and this means that the more garlic people ate, the less they had a risk of cancer.
3. Onions improves bone density. After research on women, scientists have identified a link between onion consumption and bone health women who often eat onions, had the best bone density and had a lower risk of fractures.
4. Onion supports healthy digestion. In Luke a lot of inulin, which acts as a probiotic, and probiotics help to normalize the function of the microflora of the gastrointestinal tract. Inulin also helps prevent constipation, regulates blood sugar levels and supports healthy bone density. There is evidence that it can promote weight loss by curbing the appetite.
5. Onions can lower cholesterol. This is confirmed by various studies in which people adhere to the “onion” diet.