If you’re always used to add sugar, try to replace it with honey, you will not regret, and here’s why:
1. Honey improves the immune system. Together with hot tea it will help you recover faster from a cold. Just don’t add the honey right in the tea, so it will lose all its useful properties.
2. The glycemic index of honey is lower than sugar. The glycemic index of refined sugar is 70, floral honey – 65, lime – 55 acacia – 35.
3. Honey has fewer calories. The caloric content of sugar – 387 calories, and honey – 328 kcal (per 100 grams).
4. Honey speeds up the metabolism. Therefore, it can be used even on a diet.
5. For the absorption of honey is not need insulin. Because the main components of honey are glucose and fructose (72% of the honey), there is no risk of overload of the pancreas, because these components do not require insulin.